Tuesday, February 2, 2010

If you give a Prowler a Project. . .

The Laundry closet isn't done, but it is looking LOADS {wink, wink} better.  We have put the washer and dryer back in and I tackled half the laundry today.  So, now that my kids drawers are overstuffed with clothes again, i can take a few guilt-free minutes to share the progress.  This project is really starting to feel more like one of those cutsie Mouse and Cookie stories, you know those books, If you give a Mouse a Cookie, a Pig a Pancake, a Moose a Muffin. . . I have found myself turning into one of those needy little animals.  Having the laundry closet looking so regal, with it's fancy flooring and rich walls, is really getting me excited for the wood floors.  So, after we (and when I say we I mean my husband) got the tile finished, I looked at those cheaply painted, scuffed white walls and thought they needed some color.  Of course, my feelings on the matter were not strong enough for me to want to drag all three of my kids out to look at paint samples.  But as the day wore on, I found myself looking through our paint extras and by nap time I was setting up to paint the laundry closet Dusted Indigo. . a nice dark blue.  My little guy helped the progress along, and I finished it up in time for my husband to replace the appliances before he went to bed.
 And once the walls were blue I wanted some white containers for my shelf, and since I am in a small town, I am a slave to the local Kmart. . .blah.  It is tiny, and I am sure after Kmart built it in the 70's they forgot about it, because most the time I feel like I am dusting off their overpriced items before I buy them.  Alas, I go there anyways because it is close and convenient.  They didn't have any white baskets or bins but they did have some of those clear plastic sweater bins, and I already had one, so I grabbed two more and then I needed some white flat spray paint. . . because that makes everything look better.  So, I painted the outside of those for all my cleaning supplies.  They still need another coat of white and some labels but I couldn't help but stack things in there to make sure they fit and to get a little snapshot for you all.  In mouse and cookie fashion, now that I have my blue laundry closet I need an ironing board to match, and once I have an ironing board to match then I will probably want some vinyl lettering for the space above the shelf. Once the vinyl lettering is on the wall I will probably want a cute little bin for lost socks to go in so they don't end up piling haphazardly on the top of the dryer again. . .  and once I have those things done. . . . I will probably want another project to do.   

In case you couldn't remember what it looked like before:



Here it is now. . .


Did I mention that my laundry closet is in my upstairs hallway?  It is really hard to get a good full view picture So, sorry you will have to settle for seeing the progress in little half pictures :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great Kim. My laundry/ pantry closet is on the to do list too.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Looks awesome! Love the color and very well organized:)

the landreths said...

I LOVE the navy with the white. So great!