WHAT YOU NEED*:
1. Prep work: Paint frame (if needed). I spray painted mine with Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze color. I heart Krylon brand spray paint, the ease with which it goes on is totally worth the extra 2 bucks, and i have used plenty of the cheap stuff to know (although, the cheap stuff does last well enough, you just have to use more to get the same even results, so i figure it all evens out, but by all means buy the cheap stuff if you like it). And make sure your board it cut to fit in the frame.
2. Lay out your fabric and place your board over top. Cut your fabric with an extra 1 1/2 to 2 inch boarder around your board. (My board was distorting the color of fabric i chose so I am doing a white muslin underneath my green upper fabric).
4. Now you are ready to glue your fabric covered board to your frame. I am loving this E6000 glue, it is tough stuff, so i am using that. glue on the back of the frame and place your board on it. I went ahead and put some heavy books on each side so it would hold tight while the glue was drying.
5. Finally, it is ready for the tacks. I used these awesome little furniture tacks i got at the hardware store. They look antique and they were long enough to push in while leaving enough out to hang something over, and they were sturdy enough to hold all my chunky necklaces. Position the tacks where it will be best for your jewelry and hammer, or push them in place. If you have lighter necklaces you could use cork board and pushpins and then it will be easy to change around if you need to.
6. Hang your jewelry on your new statement piece and let your jewelry decorate your room instead of cluttering it ;).