Friday, January 29, 2010

I {Heart} Hair Clippies

Remember this adorable picture with my open toilet in the background {we are trying out 2000 flushes, not a bad product, my kids love the blue water. . . but i digress. . .}?  See that cute little hair clip?  My friend emailed me this link to the cutest hair clip tutorial over at The Purl Bee.  We are going to get together to do them, but i had a few scraps of felt and i couldn't resist trying just one.  It turned out pretty cute.  It makes me excited to get some better felt in some springy colors so that i can have some to match more outfits.  I will just say, i LOVE making clippies.  It has opened up a whole new world of hair doing for my girls by being able to make bows, flowers, and now. . felt clips!  It is nice to have a few supplies on had to whip up a few clips when you feel like your want your daughters outfit to have an extra umph (or your own!). 



Speaking of clippies. . .I have a friend (well, she's really more like a sister) who started making clippies about a year ago, and where i just dabble here and there, she seriously became an expert.  She makes, THE. CUTEST. CLIPPIES.  They are better than a good deal. .  . they are a GREAT deal.  I am the queen of cutting corners and i am often realizing her clips are better deals than even making them myself sometimes (and hers are way better than mine). She is a very meticulous person to begin with, but each of her clippies are made with love and great attention to detail.  She has been featured on numerous websites and in a few magazines, both online and print.  She is currently being featured in Child Style magazine for her oh-so-adorable owl paci-clips that have created quite a stir in the mommy-made business world.  Her clippies are being sold in boutiques around the globe, and to add to her great deals, she is even offering free shipping to her blog followers. So don't delay in checking out her etsy shop, or her blog to see all the new things. . . I certainly have my eye on some cute valentines day clippies! 





2 comments:

Kathryn Palmer said...

Cute, Cute clippy!

Anonymous said...

Very useful, thanks for sharing!