Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You Win some, You Lose Some. . .


This time I lost.  I was going to reconstruct this shirt of mine into something cute an sassy for my oldest to wear.  She has this cute sparkly tanktop, and so i wanted a fun rocker shirt for her to wear over it.  I went to JoAnn's and got some fun metallic angel wing iron on's for the back.  Last night i cut, i sewed, and waited to make sure it was just right for her this morning before i ironed on the wings. It fit (and was mighty cute, i should add) So, all excited, she got on her jeans and tanktop and met me at the ironing board.  We read the directions, we followed them carfully, and still. . . it burned!  One wing got scorched onto the shirt.  So, shirt and decals ruined, we can toss this project into the scrapyard.  Half a Jay Leno show, and $3 wasted.  It wouldn't be the first time my time and money was wasted.  So, on to another project. . . hopefully with a better outcome! 




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh stink! What a cute idea it was though! Better luck next time!